Monday, January 2, 2012

The Anit-Supersize Me Thought I Am Thinking of Trying

I have this thought. I was thinking... What if I ate foods with less than five ingredients in them (minimally processed), only whole grains, only chicken or fish, and no processed fruits or veggies (only fresh and if they are cooked, cooked by me) for 30 days. What would happen to my weight, body fat percentage, allergies, over health? What would the exact "rules" of this diet be? So here's what I'm thinking...
 
  • Foods that are packaged can only have up to 5/5 total ingredients in them (ie, cheese, pasta sauce, salsa etc etc.)unless the ingredients are more veggies (see salsa.) The only issue I see here is that I don't eat a ton of protein and may rely on Muscle Milk powder as a source. This might be the one exception to the rule. A girls gotta have her protein.
  • All fruits and veggies have to be bought fresh. Nothing canned or frozen.
  • All grains must be whole grains.
  • The majority of calories consumed (70-80%) are from plant or plant based foods, namely fruits and veggies.
  • All meals and snacks must include a protein, fat, carb and either a fruit or veggie (which would often be the carb.)
  • NO CANNED FOOD WHATSOEVER!
  • Foods sold in glass jars are ok (salsa, pasta sauce etc etc)
  • Dairy products allowed are: milk, cheese and yogurt, as long as the yogurt follows the 5 ingredients rule.
  • No carbonation.
  • Limited if any red meat
  • No sweets
I wonder what would happen. I think I'm going to try it. It's an exciting little experiment and for 30 days I bet I can do it! And I bet I will feel much better about myself too.

No comments:

Post a Comment