What I would like to add to my repertoire:
*Weights 3-4 times a week, keeping track of what I did the previous time so I can up the weight when needed.
*Swimming. Some way, somehow, I would like to start swimming.
*Biking. It will also be one of the things I will be adding to my list by years end.
*Yoga. This I can do starting right away. I have several videos, a block, mat and strap. No reason not to begin tomorrow.
*Body resistance. Also something I can start tomorrow. It's simply things, like push-ups, squats etc etc. I did some of that on Monday during my uber-blitz workout day. It was awesome and I need to remember to continue to do this.
*Running outside. This is simply a matter of weather and proper clothing. Then...running outside will begin! I am convinced running outside does more to help improve stability, just overall better for you.
*The following classes: spinning, bodypump (see weight lifting), and zumba. There's a community center very close and I bet they have classes I can go to :-D
Today has been a rough one, as far as staying in a positive frame of mind. Woke up with zero motivation, found some, did well, cleaned, got stuff done, worked out, but it felt like I was walking through mud and fog all day. Tomorrow will be better. For sure.
(Side note: I made the worlds BEST green salad with chicken EVER in the history of salads. Seriously. Ever. Cooked the chicken and dear lord it was good! The whole salad...heavenly! You should be jealous.)
Salad recipe?
ReplyDelete*Mixed greens with baby spinach (3 c)
ReplyDelete*One oz of shredded, white extra shard cheddar
*Almonds, slivered (1/8 c)
*Diced red, yellow, orange and green pepper (about a quarter of each)
*Tomato (roma), diced (about half, no seeds and juicy part taken out)
*Small sliced up apples (I use about 1/8)
*Small sliced up pear (again, about 1/8)
*Chicken breast cooked the following way: thaw it out, chop it up to bite size pieces, toss it into a skillet with a little bit of olive oil, season it with salt, pepper, tumeric, a dash of chili pepper, onion powder (because I hate cutting up real onions), minced garlic and fresh basil chopped up. Add a dash of freshly squeezed lemon. SUPER YUMMY!!!
*I don't use dressing, just because I don't like. Sometime I'll make my own with olive oil, a little tumeric, fresh spices (rosemary, basil, garlic), a dash of salt and pepper, a little bit of vinegar. But I rarely use it.
Hope you like it. It seriously is a meal all on it's own. I have a salad like this about twice a week, when it's not a fish night. It hits lots of nutritional areas, and helps my goal of "eat a rainbow a day." For dessert I like plain greek yogurt mixed with berries and a tiny bit of stevia. I am addicted to it.