Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 18

Still in a "feeling blue" mood. Tomorrow I'm having lunch with a friend and I think that will help. I'm making black bean salad, a recipe I got from my mom. I'm excited about that :)

On the up side, I have noticed another couple of changes. My skin overall, everywhere, is healthier. Tighter, not as dry, more healthy pink and glowy etc., etc. My face is MUCH less oily as well, more balanced. My nails look more pink too. One weird change? My sense of taste is much sharper. Strange, but it's true. I don't need to add as much stevia extract as I did at the start of this. I'm not using as much salt either. Foods are tasting more flavorful, stronger. I wonder if this is because processed foods contain so much salt that I just got use to having EVERYTHING salted, and needed more to make things have any kind of flavor. Or maybe it's because, along with everything else getting healthier, my senses are too. Not sure. I still need glasses, but I think that's different.

Even though today is a "feeling blue" day, I am still very glad I am doing this. I am thinking of going another full 30 days after the initial 30 are done. To know that I am not a slave to my emotions, my cravings (which are starting to wane), that the side-effects have been only good...just seems silly to go back to anything else really.  Passed all the cookies, chips, ice cream, cheezy poofs (use to be a MAJOR downfall of mine) today... Most of them weren't too hard to resist. I find myself wanting little things, like a square of rich, dark chocolate or a brownie. It's nice though, to have other cravings fading.

(Dinner tonight: another tasty salad. Greens mixed with my mom's left over black bean salad. Super good. Light but filling. Which is exactly what I needed.)

2 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome that you're recording this day to day. So MANY CHANGES that happen to you for the better when you eat healthy and if you don't record it while it's happenning you won't remember them all when it's all over. Have you heard of Tosca Reno? She's awesome! Anyways, you are basically eating the way she would tell you to eat. You should e-mail her and tell her your changes. She loves to hear from people. You'll have to google her e-mail though, I don't have it. But YAY! for non oily, healthy skin! Woot Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to look her up. Thanks for the recommendation :) The reason for blogging is exactly so I DO remember, and so I can just raise my level of awareness. If I am looking and taking a mental note of things to write about, then I seem to notice more. It helps be realize stuff too, like needing to shake up my workouts a little, add more veggies, stuff like that. This week I have done ok, but not as well as I'd like. It's easy to slack if I'm not keeping track of everything. I can feel myself getting lazy and I don't like it. Re-reading why I started and how things have changed is really helpful.

    ReplyDelete