Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 14 of my Experiment

I learned today that sugar is like a drug for me. I had a brownie at my parents after a VERY healthy dinner. I was fine til about half way through my drive home. By the time I got through my door... I wanted to eat the world and everything in it, particularly more brownies, chocolate, popcorn, candy, and lots and lots more sugar. Instead, I had licorice, some cheese...At the end of the day I am about 500 calories over my budgeted amount. Add to that the fact that tomorrow is a weigh in day...Guess I will see my reality tomorrow on the scale. Crappy. I worked so hard all week, I hate to blow it in one night. On the up side, I stopped myself from truly losing control. It wasn't as bad as it was in the past, and if I spread that 500 calories out over the week, I can work them off. So, all is not lost. Apparently I need to just not have any sugar for quite a bit longer than I expected.

On a different note:

The changes I am making are becoming apparent to others, and that's nice. One of the nice things is that it's not the reason I'm doing it. It use to be. This time, it's more for me than anyone else. I have goals for me, plans for me, things I want to do that are separate from others. Sounds selfish, but it doesn't feel like it is. It seems to me like it's the right thing to do, not the selfish thing. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I don't think so.

Also, the last couple of mornings, I have had more energy than I have in years. It's not as short lived as it use to be either. I feel more alert and awake in general. Is it the food or the exercise? I suppose in a TRUE scientific study, I would have changed one thing at a time. Oh well. I like this, so...keeping it this way. Going to bed is hard some nights because I want to do more, keep going. I know I need the sleep though so...off I go.

Good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment