My skin looks much better. Not so puffy and sallow. Dark circles under my eyes are also not so noticeable. No break outs recently. Thyroid, going back down again. Cheeks: pink and happy. Eyes: brighter. Maybe I'm just happier (I hear regular exercise will do this for a person, but I think diet plays a big part of it too.) SWEET!
My body is beginning to resemble itself again. Twelve days ago I just looked and felt...puffy, swollen, bloated all the time and frankly, fat. I didn't move comfortably in my own skin, because I wasn't comfortable. Who would be in a body that is all stiff and doesn't even resemble itself? But today in the shower I noticed that my ankles aren't all puffed like they were (they are still a little bit, but not nearly as bad), and my calves are looking more and more like mine. My arms are getting muscles again and my wrists, hands and fingers are all looking normal. I don't think this is all a loss if fat. I think, in fact I know, when one is unhealthy, things and systems, even down to the tiniest function inside the tiniest cell, just don't work right. As weird as it sounds, I just feel like I'm deflating, in a good way. I think stuff inside is getting balanced, which it has not been in a long time.
Also, max heart rate, when I am really, really pushing myself while working out, has come down about 15 beats per minute. Excellent news in the cardio health department :) And, for the first time in who knows how long, I can stretch. Like, real, deep, stretching.Seriously, I was so stiff it was dangerous. I can almost touch my toes while standing with legs straight! Seeing progress is encouraging!
All of that having been said, I stayed up too late and woke up really early for work. I am very tired. I do not want to work out. I have made my goal of working out four times this week. It's a snow storm outside. So...I think I won't. And I'm ok with that...maybe. There's a little guilt but that's a whole different topic for a whole different post.
No comments:
Post a Comment