Monday, January 23, 2012

Today's Weigh in Numbers...

Today's weigh in numbers aren't as good as I was hoping they'd be. But they aren't terrible either. Body fat is down a little bit but not much from last week, weight is down 1.2 lbs from last week, muscle mass is exactly the same. My resting heart rate has dropped about 15 beats per minutes and I am EXTREMELY excited about this! I realize it's possible to have ones heart "fixed" by doctors and surgery, but I would really rather do it this way.

This week I think I will be incorporating more weight training for sure. Really need to up my muscle mass. It pays in spades and I know this.

I am coming up with ways to reward myself for a job well done that do NOT include food. There are some things I need as well, and I'm thinking I will just mix the two. I need running shoes, desperately. The ones I have I got before Xander was born (almost eight years ago), and the sports bra I have is absolute crap. My workout clothes are pretty dumpy. I seriously have one pair of pants (old adidas from when I was in college) and three grey, mens hanes t-shirts. I don't mind but with all the options out there, it might be more fun to work out if I have clothes to wear in which I feel semi-girly. So, I think for rewards, I will get cuter work out clothes, new shoes, and a really, really good sports bra (trust me, this is important.) The cost of these things can be daunting so I'm not sure how I'm going to pull it off, and may stick to rewarding myself with books (yes, I love them that much), but...we'll see.

Attached to this is a photo of one of my dinners I had last week. It's a ginormous mixed green, spinach salad with a simple chicken sausage, apples, pears, green, red, orange and yellow peppers, mushrooms, one ounce of cheese, and a super tasty olive oil dressing I made myself :) Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment