A Journal of My Effort to Approach a Healthy Weight and Life Style the Old Fashioned Way: Healthy Eating & Exercise. No Pills. No Shots. No Shortcuts. (And some other stuff too.)
Monday, January 30, 2012
This is What...
This is what my face looks like after three weeks of exercising and eating right. Fresh food, not full of preservatives and other crap, just really good, healthy stuff. Shining. Bright. Looking good for a 38 year old, if I do say so myself. Have I slipped a couple of times? Yes. Will I slip some more in my life? Yes, of course. But I can see, already, what an impact this is having on my life. And exercise? It's like the food of the gods! In this photo, I'm not wearing a drop of make up. I went running today (one day closer to the half marathon.) It was cool out, windy, and my cheeks are still feeling the wind. That smile? Completely genuine. Same with the happy eyes. No medication. No drugs. Not saying they will never be a part of my life again, but for now...no need. Somewhere, I have stumbled upon a level of happiness I have not felt in years. What you can't see is the calm I feel. Recently I lost my full time job. I now work 30-32 hours a week. I have free time for the first time in a year and I decided I need to put it to good use. I can't explain it, but...there has been a shift in my view of...everything. There's been a release of control and fear and by doing so, I think I may have found "it." I know things may fall apart again, or more than they did last year (and I do NOT want to know what that would look like), but...something is just...different. Better. New. And it's totally lovely. And I am excited to see it grow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

My favorite of all posts! Love you!
ReplyDelete