Saturday, February 25, 2012

Total Bomb

Today...I totally bombed. Huge. It's the weekend at work when all the parents come into town for a couple days of groups and face to face family sessions etc etc... AND...the weekend when there is junky, sugary, sweet, gooey goodness everywhere. And I mean EVERYWHERE.

So I walked in at 6:45 this morning and though, "Chocolate chip cookie for breakfast? I didn't make my usual healthy breakfast so... Ok!" BIG mistake. The sugar fest just continued from there.

Now, here I am at home, feeling the side effects (stomach ache, VERY tired, cranky, and a craving for more sugar.) I have, in my fridge, a nice bunch of fresh broccoli. This will be my dinner, along with a piece of chicken or salmon.

Total bomb earlier today but.... NEVER too late to turn it around.

(And can I just say that logging what I eat AFTER it had happened is probably not the best idea? Entering it into my app BEFORE, so I can see the damage prior to actually doing anything is for sure the way to go. One more lesson learned.)

I have to work again tomorrow. I will go MUCH better prepared and with MUCH more conviction to be stronger than the cookies, and muffins, and hot tamales, and...yeah, like I said...it was bad today.

Tomorrow is a new day, fresh and clean with no mistakes in it. (Thank you Ms.Stacy from "Anne of Green Gables" for that daily baptism. It seriously does help me when I am wanting to beat myself up.)

Oh!Oh!Oh!!!!

On the upside: Yesterday I went running. Not walking/jogging, nope. I went out and I RAN! I listened to my favorite podrunner podcast, and did one of the daily training sessions to get ready for a 5k, and when the lady said, "Walk," I slowed down to a jog, but kept on going. Then when the "Run" command was given, I RAN!!!! Seriously, like, super, duper RUNNING. (For the record, the running times were much longer than the walking.) I was impressed with myself. I walked during the cool down session, but Simon and Garfunkel came on my ipod and it was "Cecilia" and "Me and Julio," two songs that are virtually impossible not to do a tiny bit of dancing to. So as I walked the last bit of the way home, I also danced a tiny bit. And it made me happy, so I smiled as I walked and danced my way through a 5 min cool down. It was a GREAT day and almost makes today's total mess up not seem quite so horrible.

2 comments:

  1. Those days are bound to happen! Even for the fittest of the fit! WAY TO GO for not letting it throw you completely off track!

    And awesome job on the running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Em :)
    Not thrown off track. If anything it was a reminder of how important it is to be aware while eating, vs mindlessly shoveling food into my mouth. And how important it is to be prepared too.

    ReplyDelete