* I want my legs to look good when I dress and heals.
* I want to be able to wear clothes from LuLu Lemon, Title Nine and Athleta and not look completely silly in them.
* I want a strong, sexy back so I can wear tank tops and swim suits and not feel embarrassed.
* I want to have only one chin.
* I don't want wiggly, old lady arms, the kind that look like a turkey gobbler.
* I want to be able to open jars without having to run the lid under hot water or banging it with a knife first.
* I want to be proud of how I look, which I am not right now.
I know that appearance is not the best reason to be healthy or fit, but lets face it, to pretend that it is not part of the reason would be untrue. Nobody likes to be the fat girl, not ever her. No one wants to be the one who would be pretty, if only she could lose some weight. I'm improving. Quickly. I see myself differently. I can see a fit person inside of me when I stand in front of a mirror. There are hints of abs, biceps, and strong hamstrings, quads etc etc... I am in there, the real me. The cover is being shed, pound by pound. And someday, I'll pull on a dress, put on sandals, and when I step out into the world it will feel as normal as the jeans and bulky tops I wear now to try to hide the current truth. Yup...someday, a dress will feel completely natural... Exciting to think about :)
(As of yesterday...have shed 15 lbs this year and have swapped 2.6% of fat for muscle.)
WOW! 15 pounds? Polly, that is AWESOME! I love the posty you just made about having a dress feel as natural as the big clothes feel to you now! That Athleta dress you texted me about? That's how that one is. Not all dresses are that way since I am much more of a jeans and tee shirt kind of gal but that dress is SO COMFTORABLE that I wear it way too often. And yes, it's the Nectar dress. I have it in black!
ReplyDeleteI also read your other post about how eating right makes you be organized in other areas. You said in words what I have known for years but haven't really known how to say it. I have always told Mom and Jaren that if my eating is going right everything seems to be going right. But I couldn't really figure out why the two went so hand in hand. You said it so perfectly! I may just have to steel that for my very own blog!
Love you Polly! Keep up that amazing work! And then someday we can do pull ups together with our sexy backs! (That's my personal goal right now, to be able to lose enough body fat and have enough muscle to do 6 pull up's).
Please do steel anything you'd like :) I will always be a "jeans and t-shirt" girl, I just want to know that if I pull a dress on, I will feel confident in it, instead of like I have to hide. I can see it and feel it get closer and closer. It's fun and exciting!
ReplyDeleteYes! I know everything kind of goes together in my life. If I'm making good choices in one area it spills over to other areas.
ReplyDeleteAnd 15 lbs?! Amazing! Keep up the good work!
Thanks Rebecca :)
Delete