Monday, February 6, 2012

I WILL Do This. No Matter WHAT!!!

Ok. Today was a long day. Michael's six month check up complete, all good news, which then leads to a lot of weird emotions. Everything from relief, to intense joy, to anger that the appointment had to happen in the first place. I love Michael. I hate cancer. 

So how does this impact the rest of my day? I am wiped out. I want to go to bed. After a restless night of very little sleep and really weird dreams (some good, some sad), I just want to go to bed. 

BUT...

I can feel the momentum leaving and that simply is not ok. I HAVE to be successful at being a fit person. This HAS to be my way of life. An emotionally overloaded day can not derail me. In fact, it needs to be all the more reason to get out and go running (even if it is on a treadmill because it's too dark out and there aren't good sidewalks for me to stick to around here.) Treadmill running is better than no running at all. I will be proud of myself for doing it. I will be a more sane person. My heart, and the rest of my health, will thank me as well. 

I am a fit person. I exercise 4-5 days a week. It's what I do. Come hell or high water. Especially when I'm mad at cancer. And thrilled with life. (Man, that's an exhausting couple of emotions to manage at the same time.)
                                                              

2 comments:

  1. Um...well, yes, but it happened this morning at 5:00 am vs last night. I actually fell asleep on the couch shortly after writing this.

    ReplyDelete