So after realizing all of that about sugar, what did I do last night? Had friends over and ate some sugar (dark chocolate covered almonds are either straight from heaven or imported directly from hell, I can't decide.) The good thing about last night was that I felt myself losing control and got it under wraps. I was pretty pleased with myself. Today I came home from work and what did I discover one of my friends had left? The jar of mostly eaten, but not entirely, dark chocolate covered almonds. I ate some (seven to be exact) and then...put the lid on the jar and placed the rest of them in the freezer.
I know it is unrealistic of me to say I will never eat sugar again in my life. I also know I need to develop a reasonable relationship with the stuff. Because who have I learned is in charge when it comes to what I eat? Not my emotions. Not my cravings. Me. So here I sit, veggies steaming on the stove, chocolate goodness in the freezer, and I am totally ok with not eating them RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!!! In fact, I am looking forward to having them some other time.
OAN: Today at work we did a 5k, in the snow...with an obstacle course twist. There were three groups of kids. The runners. The runners/walkers. And the walkers. I was assigned to the walkers. At first I was mildly irritated because I wanted to be with the runners/walkers but I got over it, ESPECIALLY once we started walking. Not as easy as it sounds, walking 5k on lightly groomed, slightly deep snow (especially when keeping up the morale of 4 girls is part of this whole thing.) I did all the obstacles but one (sledding, worried about my back going out, sounds lame but very true.) There was lots of climbing of ropes and wooden walls, jumping jacks, belly crawls and shooting of clay thingies with sling shots, and it was really fun!!! Who knows, maybe I'll consider doing the Dirty Dash this spring...(maybe, I don't want to ruin my running shoes.) At the end of it all today, my feet were freezing and soaking wet, my cheeks slightly wind burned, and I was very happy. (Oh, and I wore my old shoes today, not my brand new ones.) I really do enjoy playing outside so very, very much!
No comments:
Post a Comment