Thursday, February 16, 2012

And the Running Continues

Weight training continues to elude me. I really need to make an investment of $10 a month to my local Planet Fitness so I can use their weights.

The running is going well though and for this I am extremely grateful. No injuries (knock on wood.) I also feel like I'm just getting more comfortable doing it. When I first started running again I felt like a very uncoordinated, very overweight, non-runner who was trying her best to fake it. Now I'm feeling slightly like a real runner, although still a slightly overweight one. The weight comment having been said, I am quite pleased with my accomplishments. The coordination may always be an issue (see extensive family tree of awkward folks), but at least I now feel like I have some control over what I'm doing and am not flailing about as I stumble along. I actually look like I an running. VERY nice to experience.

Eating is also on track...mostly. I am waiting for money to transfer from one account to another and while it's floating in virtual bank limbo, I have run out of some of the basics. Which brings me to a VERY important point: PLAN AHEAD!!!! Not just with WHAT I'm going to eat, but with how long it's going to take to prep it, how I'm going to get it to work etc etc...

Eating well and exercising, as it turns out, forces one to become organized in other areas of life as well. Want time to have a healthy breakfast before work? Better get up earlier, which means you better get to bed earlier, which means no dawdling. Want to wear a clean t-shirt when you work out tomorrow? Better keep up on the laundry. Plan to eat fresh fruits and veggies all month? Time to budget that meager income. You get the idea.

It's nice, how having focus in one area of life can help align a few others as well. Especially when so much else seems to be crumbling apart.

On a strictly personal life level: I got to skype with X-Man tonight :) Always makes me so very happy. I miss him. I miss lots of people right now. It's time for me to move closer to him. It means I'll be further from others I love but, sometimes life just whispers, "It's time," and when that happens, it's impossible to ignore.

No comments:

Post a Comment