Tuesday, February 7, 2012

This Weeks Numbers (and almost day 30)

Alright, so I didn't go running last night. I fell asleep (sitting up) on the couch shortly after writing my post. BUT...I woke up early early this morning and went running at 5:00 am. I LOVED it. I was in a better mood at work. I was more awake all day. I had many compliments on how awake, bright and happy I seemed. When I was out on my run/walk/get ready for a half marathon, it was so peaceful and quiet and the air was extremely crisp (and by crisp I mean cold.) No but seriously, I loved it and think it will be part of my work day routine. 

Yesterday I was apparently more out of sorts than I realized. I totally forgot to weigh in and check my numbers. This weeks outcome: weight is exactly the same HOWEVER: I swapped a full percentage in body fat and muscle mass. Sweeeeet. I so badly want to be toned and muscly. For me, that is my main focus. I did a happy dance when I saw that change! My clothes are fitting better, and much more comfortably. Bonus! So far this is the biggest jump in body fat and muscle mass, very happy me :) It's the incentive I needed! Woo hoo!!! 

Today, feeling better about things in general. Today, no desire to give up or quite. Today it all makes sense and seems possible. 

I read somewhere that the difference between people who truly make changes in their health and weight don't do it because they have more will power, but because they are simply ready to do it. I know will power plays a part in all of this. If you don't want it, it simply won't happen. Lack of desire to eat crap or be lazy will trump will power any day. 

Ya gotta want it folks. And ya gotta want it bad.

And I do. 



No comments:

Post a Comment