Sunday, March 25, 2012

Watched "Hungry for Change"

So...I watched the movie "Hungry for Change" and was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't some extreme, preachy kind of a film. It was pretty basic actually, but presented the basics in a way that made them seem important, do-able, and explained, in a clear and simple way, why the basics are important.

When I saw the description I was a little wary. Detox? Cleanse? Seriously? But I watched anyway. The advice given to help your body do what it does naturally (cleanse and detox) was this: eat lots of good, healthy, dark green stuff and think about adding fresh parsley, cilantro and some other healthy stuff to your diet. It wasn't some weird, over the top new-age crap that would do more harm than good. It was basic.

The part I liked the most, and needed to hear, was closer to the end. It was not nutritionally related. It was about mental and spiritual health. I needed to hear it and it was, for me, very beneficial.

If you want to watch it go to: http://www.hungryforchange.tv/
Hope you do watch it. And hope you enjoy it.

Small topic shift:
Today I did what I thought I could NEVER do. I tried the concept of "intuitive eating." Listening to what my body was really saying it needed, and going from there. And what did that end up looking like? Beef, and quite a bit of it, also a lot of fresh veggies, about a cup of fresh berries and almonds. I didn't keep very close track of calories. I know that for the past few days I have not eaten enough for how much I have been exercising. I have done ok, but I seriously worked myself hard every day since Wednesday, and have been short on calories every day since Wednesday as well. That takes a toll and I can feel it physically, mentally and emotionally. So I ate. Quite a bit. Slowly. Until I could tell I had had enough. Now it's time to drink. A lot. Slowly. Today I have needed to refuel, and I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment