Watching a documentary called "Forks Over Knives." It's about eating a plant based, whole foods diet vs one that contains a meat and animal products (dairy and eggs.) It's really interesting! And makes sense. I am not going to turn into a vegetarian, but it is a GREAT reminder for me as to how I KNOW I need to eat. So many people believe that a healthy diet HAS to include animal products in order to be able to get all the vital amino acids and proteins needed by the human body. That simply is not true. Meat is tasty. It is filling. And eating it in large quantities (and "large" is pretty easy to do) it is a great way to kill yourself in some pretty slow, horrible ways. As it turns out, most animal food products are a great way to commit a long, slow suicide.
I am not one to tell people how to eat. I am one to encourage people to learn and discover truth on their own. There are studies out there that will tell you whatever it is you want to hear, so maybe I am simply focusing on what will encourage me to eat in a way that works for me. I am sure that if I go out and look for studies that tell me to switch to an Atkins type diet, and that it will solve what ales me, I will find PLENTY of those studies as well. But when I use my common sense, and when I look at the simple facts, it is as plain as it can be. Eat plants = long life. Eat meat = health problems and short life. Again, I am not going to give up eating meat (right now I have a love affair with salmon and chicken), but I will continue to eat a diet that is non-processed, where the majority of my calories come from plants, and where meat and dairy is limited.
Do the research. It is amazing what you will start to learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment