Better work out later no matter how I feel...
Life had other plans. Half way through work, the nausea kicked in again. Then the super-duper tired. There would be no exercising. There would only be more rest, saltine crackers, and rice. So lame. More panicking.
Then I came home are reviewed this blog. There is no way that missing a week of workouts due to illness is going to set me back two months of hard work. I looked at pictures of me before and then looked at me now. I thought about how clothes fit before, and the fact that I couldn't put anything in the dryer for fear they'd shrink and not fit, and how just this morning I pulled pants from the dryer and put them on no problem or worries. I thought about what I ate before, and how eat now (when I'm not sick anyway.) I thought about energy levels, sleep, stress management and overall happiness.
I realize that getting sick is a part of life. That from now til I am no longer alive, I will experience bouts of colds, nasty stomach bugs, and any other kinds of illnesses life may have in store for me, and that even the most fit people on the planet get sick, but they get right back up and stick with it. Getting sick does not equal failure or an excuse to go back to bad habits in eating and working out. It's more like a reminder of how important it is to be as healthy as possible in all we do. So, adding to eating better and being fit is: frequent hand washing, ESPECIALLY at work, and when needed, wear a medical face mask.
I realize that getting sick is a part of life. That from now til I am no longer alive, I will experience bouts of colds, nasty stomach bugs, and any other kinds of illnesses life may have in store for me, and that even the most fit people on the planet get sick, but they get right back up and stick with it. Getting sick does not equal failure or an excuse to go back to bad habits in eating and working out. It's more like a reminder of how important it is to be as healthy as possible in all we do. So, adding to eating better and being fit is: frequent hand washing, ESPECIALLY at work, and when needed, wear a medical face mask.
Yucky! Thanks for the little diagram of what you're going through. I appreciate the visual.
ReplyDeleteNo in all honesty I really am sorry! I hope you feel better soon. Is norovirus another name for the stomach bug?
Sort of. It's a stomach bug from hell, spreads extremely quickly, and is hard to clean up after, so it recirculates often. If it shows up in a school, they usually shit the school down to sanitize it. It's seriously a mess when it shows up.
ReplyDelete