Recently I hit the "I lost 15 lbs" mark and was thrilled! Then really fast after that, another 2 lbs. Yesterday and this morning I was noticing I looked a bit more compact than I had in a while, which pleased me, so I did something I usually don't do and hopped on the scale mid-week.
UP 2 LBS?!?!? WHAT?! But I look quite a bit better! Everything is more pulled together, in place and muscle...oh wait...muscle is more dense than fat...
I have really been working hard this week. I have added QUITE a bit of protein to my diet. I have probably built a bit more muscle. My scale also tells me body fat and muscle mass % so I checked that too. Exactly the same, which is good.
So, my weight is up, but it's muscle, and this is a good thing.
QUICK STORY: I work with girls who are anorexic, some to a scary degree (not that there's a not scary degree...) One of them was telling me the other day that muscle weighs more than fat. I asked her if you have a lb of muscle and a lb of fat, which weighs more? She gave me the teenage girl, "You are SUCH an idiot" face and said, "The muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat." So I repeated the question. She was quite perturbed. CLEARLY I am a moron and do not understand that a lb of muscle weighs more than a lb of...oh wait... I had to explain to her that a lb of anything is a lb, whether it be feathers, rocks, muscle or fat. A lb is a lb is a lb. Muscle just looks better and takes up less room. That part of what I was saying she liked quite a bit. Then I added, "But you have to eat healthy to get it." THAT part she did not like at all.
I would GLADLY take a lb of muscle over a lb of fat. But my eating issues are on the opposite end of the spectrum of the girl at work.
As for my weight: not the focus. Getting strong, healthy and becoming more fit is. Numbers on scale be damned!
No comments:
Post a Comment