Thursday, March 22, 2012

1,023 calories left...

...for the day and it's almost time for bed. How did this happen? A one hour run that burned through 625 calories that started at 7:00 pm, that's how. Three months ago, I seriously NEVER thought that I would be sitting on my couch, post run and post stretch wondering how in the name of all that's holy am I going to eat that many calories in about an hour and a half. At least not in a healthy way.

Part of the issue is that I need to go shopping, low on options. Another problem is that I forgot to take any chicken or fish out of the freezer (double whammy on the poor planning.) *tsk tsk* I know better. I have been so busy with taking this class that when I am finally not working, not learning how to care for the bedridden, post-op patient, and not working out, I just want to curl up and sleep. So...here it is, 8:30 at night and I am making a run to the grocery store.

What else is going on with me lately? I have not been eating as well as I need to be, and have even slid a little on the exercising. this is reflected in my body fat and muscle mass %, which has not budged in two weeks. I can't complain. It's no mystery as to why that has happened. The good side of all of this is that it is showing me what life will be like when I start nursing school, and is serving as a reminder as to why it's important to stick to it even when life gets hectic. Organization and time management both need to get better NOW or I will fail miserably at being a fit person when "real school" starts. Good thing I have a little while to prep.

As for now, I am off to get something for dinner. 1,023 calories is a lot. time to start noshing on some seriously healthy, calorie laden food.

2 comments:

  1. Wait, didn't you say that you total calorie intake for the day was right around 1400-1800? If you're saving that many calories until the end opf the day then I'm worried that you may not be eating anything at all during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1400-ish without exercise. I had eaten quite a few BEFORE I went running, then WITH the running, burned, and needed to eat, even more. I don't save up til the end of the day. I don't have that much self control. At all.

    ReplyDelete