Thursday, May 31, 2012

Moved To Tears

A friend of mine posted this on Facebook and it literally brought tears to my eyes to read it. Maybe because I can relate to it in so many ways. Maybe because I have dear friends who can. Maybe because it's about time someone said this, instead of all the mean and cruel options out there. Either way, it's short, sweet, and well worth the read.
http://flintland.blogspot.com/2012/05/hey-fat-girl.html?m=1

As for my feet and running:
My dad talked to the doctor and he said they can give me another shot. I'm going to try another one AND keep wearing the insoles. These SuperFeet are...well...pretty super. They have to be cut to size, but it has been SO worth it. Are my feet completely pain free? No, but I went for an hour run yesterday, then worked a long day, and a two hour hike today and so far, they are holding up really, really well.

I looked at my cute little feet last night when I took my shoes off and was surprised to discover that my arch was back to how it use to be about 15 years ago. I hadn't realized that is was dropping, but apparently it was and obviously, that explains a lot.

The other thing that I realized is that I use to rub my feet a lot, like foot massage. Pretty much every night I would give each foot and each little toes a front to back, top to bottom rub down. I'd make sure my toes were relaxed and that they felt loved and cared for. For whatever reason I had stopped doing that. My toes were freakishly tense and my feet felt like they were crying the first time I massaged them. We are getting reacquainted and I must say, it has been very pleasant.

Feet: often ignored but always the bearer of all our pressures, literally.

Take care of you feet, for they can carry only as far as you care for them. 

2 comments:

  1. I loved the Fat Girl article you posted! It brought me to tears too. I couldn't agree more with the person who wrote it. I like the henna picture. I agree, taking care of your feet is very important. Good luck with the feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the fat girl blog post! And I also cried. Your feet are in good hands. :)

    ReplyDelete