Sunday, May 27, 2012

Today's Foot Report: Partly Cloudy

Yesterday, things were feeling pretty good in the foot department so I went for a short little run. Like...really short (1.5 miles). Foot felt fine. This morning I woke up and stepped out of bed and...sad to report...foot hurt. I put on shoes to go do some fun stuff with a friend and about two hours later,  foot hurt even more. I went to REI to look for good shoes and by the end of THAT...yep...even worse. 

So I bought some good insoles. 

And came home and rested my foot. 

And got mad. 

Stupid nerves with neuromas. Stupid hurting. 

And now I am ready to cut my insoles to size, slip them into my running shoes, go running with them, and pray they help. If I have to numb myself with Motrin for the next two weeks til this race is done, so be it.

But I am really, really hoping the insoles make the difference. If they help even a little bit, I will get some to go in every pair of shoes I own. 

This is the brand my doc recommended (Superfeet.) I tried a couple out and went with the blue (each color is different depending on how high your arches are, etc etc...)  I also indulged in a pair of rather expensive running socks. No clue if that will make a difference but I figured the only thing it could hurt was my bank account. 
Here's to trying new things and PRAYING they work. 

2 comments:

  1. I've never even heard of these insoles! Where did you get them? We're they super expensive? Are they helping?

    A few years back I had a pair custom-made. Insurance paid. Changed my life. Because really- our life rests on our feet. :)

    Here's hoping for a new life for your feet!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca they were about $40. They seem to be making a pretty big difference. I will write about it tomorrow, or maybe Thurs. It's late and I have to be up early...to go running :)

    ReplyDelete