Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Trying Something New

Tonight, I'm trying a yoga class. A previous coworker teaches the class and offers it for a donation, not a set price, which is nice. I have no idea what to expect or if I will like it or be any good (ok actually I'm pretty sure I won't be good at it but I'm ok with that) but I am hopeful.

OAN: I have not been able to run in almost a week. I was really frustrated and basically didn't work out all this past week. Turns out, that's a really bad idea. I didn't sleep well. I was in a horrible mood. I did not handle stress well one tiny bit. Why no running? Because my foot has been absolutely killing me. Sunday I met a very kind foot doc who gave me some tips and let me know that if I wanted a cortisone injection he'd give it to me at no charge. This is a HUGE bonus, since I currently don't have insurance. I was going to just go with insoles but after completing one hike, I could barely walk. So...cortisone shot it is. Tomorrow it happens. I am hoping to be back in the running shoes by Saturday. In the mean time....yoga class, elliptical, weights, bike, and whatever else I can come up with. I was kind of a pouty lame-o last week. That kind of attitude is not going to get me where I want to be.

If it doesn't work, that will be a total bummer, but it doesn't mean I can't reach other goals.
(I'm just really hoping it does what it's supposed to do.)

What's hurting my foot? 
This:

It's a painful little lump growing on my nerve on my foot. 
Stupid neuroma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment