One plus that this foot problems and the frustration has brought front and center is this: BE FLEXIBLE. I don't just mean physically (although I need to work on that too), I mean mentally. Sometimes, crappy things happen and force us to set new goals. IF it turns out I can't run anymore, it doesn't mean I can't still be a very fit and happy person. I have two sister's who can't run again. Like ever. And they do a GREAT job being fit and healthy. So...if I can't run, I am working on remembering all the other things I want, and can do. I am remembering all the things I have NOT focused on while focusing so much on being ready to run this race. Sometimes, things beyond our control force us into looking into, and remembering, other things we can do, other ways we can grown and excel. So yeah, this has been a major pain (literally) but it hasn't been a total loss, and for that I am grateful.
On another note:
After reading a lot online, I have learned that shoes a-la Birkenstock and Earth brand are really helpful for neuroma's. I have one pair of Jerusalem stompers (aka Birkenstock sandals) but think an investment in a couple more pairs of this kind of shoes (reverse heals) may be worth it. I happen to find them EXTREMELY comfortable and cute, and yes, I realize I stand with a small crowd with the "cute shoes" part of that opinion.
They can be pricey, so it's time to start combing the internet for bargains, and saving.
And time to remember and include, other things I CAN and WANT to do.
So...been a rough couple of week? Yep. Turned it into something good? Yep on that too!
Oh...these are pretty....
And these? PERFECT for work. Even though they aren't my fave, I do like them (I have a thing for red shoes) and they are what I need...
No comments:
Post a Comment