Sunday, April 29, 2012

Vegetables Rock

A little while ago I posted a blog about a tasty recipe with veggies and pasta. I tried it last week and keep making it, over and over. Why? Because it is SOOOO good! And It is loaded with veggies, and veggies ROCK.

Wanna stay full after eating a meal? Add lots of veggies.
Wanna lose weight? Eat veggies.
Wanna lower cholesterol, blood pressure, add vitamins, minerals and fiber to your diet? Add veggies.

Getting the picture?

I adjusted the recipe a little bit. I cooked the chicken AND pasta in broth (chicken, but veggie would work too if you are a non-meat eater.) I chopped up all the veggies and had them set aside until the chicken was fully cooked, then tossed them in and BARELY cooked them, just enough to add a hint of flavor.

I am so enjoying this meal! It's super light and perfect for summer.

Did I mention...VEGETABLES ROCK!!!

2 comments:

  1. Still haven't made this yet. This week for sure! It really sounds delicious! And by the way I am still not eating sugar! You? How's it going? I am not stepping on the scale until we leave to go on our trip so I don't know if I've lost weight but I know my clothes are fitting better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing pretty well with not eating sugar, except for on Saturday. I totally blew it and seriously, that's all I had pretty much all day. I was really disappointed with myself, but bounced back really well on Sunday and did well on Sunday and today. It really has a negative impact on me. REALLY happy that you're clothes are fitting better. I have not weighed myself in ten days. I was getting WAAAAY to obsessed with it. It's been pretty liberating :)

    ReplyDelete