The official training for a 13.1 mile run began today. First day: run three miles. Easy - peasy! I have worked up to 4.5 twice a week so today's 3 felt like a break.
Tomorrow, a day of rest, followed by three days of small runs like today's. Then, gradual building towards the big day.
My main goal, outside of completing the 13.1, is to do it without injury. THAT is the challenge. I am insisting that I follow the training schedule of slow increases, even if I feel like I could do more. I am also committing, right now, to do the days of rest as scheduled as well. I tend to push too hard and that's when trouble happens.
So tomorrow, even though it will feel lazy to me, I WILL rest. Wednesday, the training will begin again. Ice packs, knee wraps and all.
I CAN do this. I WILL do this. And if I know me, which I think I do, I am going to like this :)
jelous
ReplyDeleteWish you could join me :(
Delete