Life is often like those old cameras, and we have to carefully, with thorough and detailed persistence, adjust our focus.
At the beginning of the year, I had razor sharp focus on being strong, fit and healthy. Then I started to lose weight and for whatever reason, I got out of focus. Seeing myself in the mirror as a smaller version of myself freaked me out. I started to focus on the wrong numbers and for the wrong reasons. I lost sight of "fit" and focused on "thin." I really don't want to be a thin or skinny person (see previous posts.) That is not my ideal at all. What I DO want is to be VERY fit, and to have that as my lifestyle.
My goals lens, for whatever reason, has been out of focus for a couple of weeks.
The last couple of days I have REALLY been focusing and working to remember why I started this lifestyle change in the first place. I have worked to remember what my original goals looked like in my head, and have been working hard to adjust my focus. My sister Emily suggested I go back and re-read some of my earlier blog entries, and doing that helped a great deal.
What do I want? Strength. Muscle. A powerful body. A capable body. THAT is my focus. THAT is what I want. And THAT is NOT weak, vulnerable or easily controlled by others. What I want, is strength in ALL areas of health and life.
Focus: adjusted.
(Why be strong, capable and healthy? Because one never knows when something like the "Hunger Games" is actually going to happen, and damn it, if it does, I want to be able to stand a fighting chance. Ya know? Kidding...mostly.)
BTW: The woman in that photo is Miranda O. She was the coach at the CrossFit I use to go to. She is truly an inspiration to me :) I didn't get permission to use this photo and I apologize to anyone if it's not ok for me to use it. Should you (whoever doesn't want me to post it) stumble across this, let me know and I will remove the photo.


I loved that photo! So permission or not I am glad you posted it! Motivation for me right there! And thanks for that delicious sounding pasta recipe. It's a must try!
ReplyDeleteI think I'm going to make it Sunday. Nice and lite for the warm weather that is suppose to be on it's way. Let me know if you ever try it, might add ground turkey meat balls. We'll see how motivated and brave I am feeling. That picture really is awesome! If you google her name (Miranda O. CrossFit) it's like a shot in the arm of inspiration. Seriously. Maybe because she use to coach me at the gym, but I think just seeing someone THAT fit and knowing it's all from hard work is pretty darn cool.
ReplyDelete