Saturday, July 28, 2012

It Is Too Hot. AND "Wanna See How Fast My Shoes Are?!"

The title says it all.
It is too damn hot to do much of anything.
Add to it the fact that my new job is exhausting and tapping all my energy and I am floundering in my exercise and eating healthy routines.
Big time.
This means: time to do all I possibly can to remind myself that I am worth it, that exercise and healthy eating is a reward not a punishment, and to find something to re motivate myself.
It WILL happen. I am WILL reach my goals.
I AM awesome and will continue to become even more so.
My outside WILL reflect my inside.
Even if it means exercising when it's hot out.
Stupid summer. Ruining all my plans.



On the plus side of things:
I got new running shoes!!! They are New Balance 3090 and they are BRIGHT GREEN!!!! I need to add inserts for the foot pain problem, but seriously, I love them. They are almost a "minimal" running shoe profile (which means the heel to toe drop is very small if there's any at all.) Remember how when you were a kid you'd be all like, "Watch how fast I can run in my new shoes!!!" Yeah, they're like that. Only seriously, they really seem to help with my speed. Here's why: No more heel strike when I run. I am focusing on shifting my gait so my feet land under me vs in front of me. Oddly enough, this increases ones speed. This kind of a gait is hard to do with the thicker heeled running shoes. So...Watch how fast I am in my new shoes!!!

Tee hee...it makes me giggle when I say that for some reason...


1 comment: