Sunday, September 11, 2011

Why I Am Not Posting Blogs Lately

Gosh Polly. It sure has been a while since you last posted a blog. What's going on? Why no posts?

Because.

Because I am working two jobs, am exhausted and seem to be permanently cranky and irritable. I am fully aware of the fact that when I am tired I become an emotional, irrational mess. I understand that I should not make any major life decisions at the end of a work week (Saturday or Sunday, and Mondays are iffy if I've had to work on a Sunday.)

I know people who work more than I do, who work more than I do AND go to school, who are far more stressed and busy than I am and I wonder why they don't seem to be a down right tired as I am.

I ask myself...
Do they too require 24-48 hrs of being in almost absolute solitude for a full recovery?
Do they struggle to stay awake in quiet waiting rooms at the eye doctor, or while standing in line at the grocery store.
Does the peace of the bathroom coupled with the white noise of the fan at their work make them nod off while sitting on the toilet?0
Are they totally ok with going an entire day without leaving their home or not speaking to another human being?

I get that I'm an introvert and need a little bit longer to recover than your average Jane but really? This seems slightly over the top.

I think I am just a sleepy person, require more hours of shut eye than most. My thyroid is being checked on Monday (tomorrow) just to see what comes up. The doctor noticed it's swollen (pssst doc...it's ALWAYS like that) but she's pretty sure it will come back a little off. If not, they'll check it out via ultrasound.

I don't think that's it. I really just think I'm a sleepy person.


No comments:

Post a Comment