Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sally Mae the Hamster

I have a hamster (as of this afternoon.)

Her name is Sally Mae. I got her because I am tired of having conversations in my head. Not that I expect her to talk back the way a dog does (yes, they really do, in a pleasant, nonjudgemental, everything I say is fascinating kind of a way) but because if I DO talk out loud, I'll have another living object to whom said out loud comments will be directed.

Xander thinks we got her for him but let's be honest. He isn't here often. I am. And 99% of that time is spent totally alone. It get's um...lonely.

So... Welcome Sally :) I hope we have many interesting conversations.


(Hey, don't judge. Tom Hanks talked to a volley ball in that one movie...)

2 comments:

  1. You know I actually cried when Tom Hanks lost Wilson! The thing is I think a lot of people can relate to talking to a volleyball that had a face on it. I would have! So a hamster is really not that weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily :) I cried when Tom lost Wilson too. Sally is relatively friendly, except when she bites. But she does listen relatively well. It's just nice to not be totally alone.

    ReplyDelete